So at the request of Ed, i attempted to make a tree skirt for our tree this year (coming soon--the tree that is, we go cut it down on tuesday!!!!)
Anyway, while i was in Utah, my mom helped me find a pattern, pick out fabric and helped me figure out how to read it and get what i needed.
I must say, it turned out pretty good--it is supposed to tie around the tree stand, but we couldn't find the normal metal tree stands that it would fit...all that was down here were these huge plastic ones, so we are just settling and will put the open end in the back.

Anyway, while i was in Utah, my mom helped me find a pattern, pick out fabric and helped me figure out how to read it and get what i needed.
I must say, it turned out pretty good--it is supposed to tie around the tree stand, but we couldn't find the normal metal tree stands that it would fit...all that was down here were these huge plastic ones, so we are just settling and will put the open end in the back.
Hey that is pretty good! I bought fabric to make stockings this year, but we'll see if I get to that. I don't even know how to sew!
ReplyDeleteKB, you did a great job! I really like how it turned out. Your tree will be wondermous.
ReplyDeleteGood for you friend! Thats pretty darn cute!!
ReplyDeletecute. can i borrow the pattern for next year? we're still using one i got when i was in college for our tree one year. i don't love it, but it has worked just fine. i'd like to make my own with darling fabrics. :)
ReplyDeletegood job girl. Looks so festive. we will miss you guys at christmas, I will be sure to call.
ReplyDeleteThat looks great!! Was it somewhat easy? I am in need of a tree skirt myself. Hopefully we can get together next week! I will look forward to your call :)
ReplyDelete